Tuesday, April 30, 2013

How long does it take to say "I know playing GOLF" ?

Q. I've actually started learning golf last november and I feel am not progressing...I dnt know if its gonna take long... I practice one day per week, I believe I need to play more but each time I do, Im like restarting to reacall the principles!! Is it normal?

A. How long to know golf? 2 sources say you never "know" golf. John Madden wrote an article that "you never get golf" and Tiger Woods has rebuilt his swing 3 times and each year says he will work hard to improve. You can learn the rules very quickly by reading the rule books and asking golf coaches about course etiquette.

As far as learning the swing? I'm a 2 handicap and I have played in 4 Nationwide PGA Tour monday qualifier events. I have learned alot about the golf swing and still feel like I don't even know the half of it. I practice 3 times a week and take lessons once a month, research and watch video of the swing on my PC and on youtube <look up "Bizhub" and "Swing vision">. Don't beat yourself up about your speed of learning. You should do a couple things to help yourself.

1:> Get lessons if you know you will play the game. To do it cheaply get into a clinic with other people. Talk to and get coaches to look at your swing and ask them to tell you what they would do to improve you before booking a lesson with them - that will give you an idea of how they coach before you pay.
2:> Start a journal on your PC or in a notebook. After your lesson and after you play or do well on the range you should write down any drills that worked, things you worked on and any relevant notes.
3:> Go step by step. Start with your setup <Grip, alignment, spine angle, balance etc> and work your way into a good swing. Start with chipping and putting <fastest way to save strokes> and lower your scores
4:> don't be impatient because golf is hardest on the impatient golfer. Between slow rounds on public courses to not shooting scores you want to shoot...

I Want To Learn How To Play Golf- But Where Do I Begin?
Q. Maybe I should consult a golfing coach of some sort. But I was wondering where I should start! What kind of clubs to buy?? Is that even the right word?? LOL. I've been to the driving range ONCE, and I kid you not, I hit the ball a whole 5 feet. Any tips on stance?? Or anything else??

10 points best answer!!

A. Some steps to get you started:
1. Buy an iron set, for beginner buy a cavity back with graphite shaft and Ladies flex (you are a female right).
2. Go to a driving range and sign up for an introductory lesson.
3. If you don't want to spend money on lessons, find a friend who can play golf and check your swing.
4. Open Youtube, and search for Golf Swing, to see other people swing.
5. Just practice for straight 3 months, see if you have any improvements.
6. Don't rush yourself to a golf course, you will lose a dozen ball or more if your swing is not consistent enough.
7. Contact me if you still like to learn golf.

What's the best golf school for high handicappers/beginners?
Q. Thinking of blowing next year's refund and bonus on a golf vacation. My lifetime best is 119; the Harmon school suggests low 2 digit handicap at worst. I live in the midwest, so San Diego ain't a great idea.

A. Get Lessons from Brian Manzella. His website is brianmanzella.com and he does lessons all over, but mostly in New Orleans, LA and Louisville, KY.

Go to his website, sign up (for free), and read his forums, look at his lessons in the forum archives, watch his free videos he has posted on youtube (his screen name on youtube is brianmanzella), and possibly buy some of his videos.

This guy is unreal as a teacher in his videos, I can only imagine how well he does in person. It is unbelievable to me how good he is and how few people have heard of him.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment